Saturday, 26 June 2010

Aunty Caroline Blogs
















Kasper made it all the up the reward chart this week and chose to take the family to 'Butterfly Creek'. Luckily, I was invited along too - one of the many benefits of being Kasper's best girlfriend.

'Butterfly Creek' is a small wildlife farm, with a butterfly house, aquarium, crocodiles and alligators, a bug room, a mini-farm and a train.

Mira liked the bug room best - we couldn't get her out of there. Loved it. She liked the cockroaches, the locust swarm and the wetas. But most of all she loved the spiders, especially the hairy black tarantulas, as big as your hand. I've loaded their pictures, so she can see them all the time.

I fell in love with the baby goats - especially Pinky and Marmite. They were so sweet - they sat on my knee, slept on my lap, nibbled my necklace and bit my boots. I've decided that when I grow up, I'm not going to be a crazy cat lady, or a stinky dog lady ... I am going to be a happy, fluffy, goat lady.

Kasper seemed to be fascinated by the alligator he petted - "he has fingernails like me!" And he and Emi discovered that yelling makes train rides better.

PS: I told a little lie ... Mira's favourite thing was actually Henry the Hairy Goat. She's going to be a happy, fluffy old goat lady, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment